About Me

Costa Mesa,, CA, United States
Pattern maker for the fiberglass/composite industries. Experienced in creating shapes from drawings, verbal descriptions, very vague sketches. Well versed in reading styles and feelings into creating shapes. I am very familiar with mold creation and repair. I have been doing this for 35 years. I also enjoy photography, web graphics, animation, and web development. In realizing my need to "move on" I hope to become proficient in these as I have "tooling." Click on any of the pictures to see them full size

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Night Blooming Cereus

Alayne and "Rusy" stopped by our place while they wore out for their evening constitutional and stopped by our place. "Rusty" was on a leash. He looked at me as only a rabbit could when I asked if he could bark. It was really good to see them again and while they were here..............



Norma and I were invited to Alayne's and "Rusty's" to view these blooms they're Night Blooming Cereus (Selenicereus ). If you go to http://www.ext.colostate.edu/PUBS/COLUMNGW/gr020422.html
You can find out all about them. The pods on them bloom only one night........once a year. I photographed these at 10:00 pm.


These are the two best of the shots I took. Very interesting !!!























No comments: